Pages

Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Taking it Easy

I woke up multiple times last night to go and sit by the toilet.  My stomach was so nauseous.  I'm not sure if it was something I ate - last night was the first time I had nutritional yeast - or if it was caffeine withdrawal symptoms.  Eventually I gave up trying to empty my system and went back to sleep, hoping that I would feel better in the morning.

Nine hours later, I rolled out of bed, still feeling ill.  I chugged some water and, even though I didn't want to upset my stomach further, I made some coffee.  I figured that if my nausea was indeed caused by caffeine withdrawal, the only remedy was caffeine.  A mug of coffee and a big bowl of oatmeal later and I'm doing okay.  Not great, but okay.


I'm going to take it easy for the rest of the day.  Maybe I'll do some shopping and hunker down at a cafe to get some work done. 

2 comments:

  1. Oatmeal is my go-to when my stomach feels off too, something about it is comforting and hearty. And I have the same coffee mug, only an "M"! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment! I totally agree, oatmeal is the best :)

      Delete