Pages

Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Already Time for WIAW?

Now I understand why bloggers are always amazed that it is "already time for another WIAW" post.  I can't believe how quickly the week has gone by.

I woke up pretty late today.  It happens.  I'm on spring break!  So, I made some coffee and had my usual pre-run snack of a banana, and two crackers spread with Sunflower Butter and topped with raisins.  Sorry, no picture.

I didn't feel much like running.  But, once I got out there, I flew!  I don't know what came over me, but I managed 8 miles in one hour!  I don't think a run that speedy has happened this entire training cycle!  Bring it on, Boston Marathon.

I came back home feeling the high, guzzled water, and made my favorite post-hard-run lunch:
a baked sweet potato, greens, red bell pepper, tempeh, and a dollop of hummus.  It totally hit the spot.

I finished lunch off with ... more sunflower butter and raisins!  I have a problem.

Later, I had some apple and more tempeh with hummus.  I think my body was craving protein.  And, before I set out to do some errands, I ate a few bites of a Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Larabar and had a few more crackers.

I came back home with a few new course books and one for fun book, Cloud Atlas.  Has anyone read it?  I've heard it's pretty mind-blowing.

I threw together a pretty lazy dinner of a massive salad bowl filled with greens, quinoa, red bell pepper,  cucumber, brussels sprouts, and cannelli beans.  Then, I sautéed a zucchini, some swiss chard, and mushrooms in a little vegetable broth and served it alongside the salad.

Yum!

I cleaned up the kitchen and am flopped on the couch about to start my new book!  I hope you all enjoyed your Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment