Pages

Thursday, March 28, 2013

Before the Sunrise

Today was the first day I woke up before the sun this entire spring break. I've been sleeping an absurd amount recently; somewhere around 9-11hours a night! I guess my body needed the rest.
Ezekiel 4:9 Cereal in Almond Milk and Lemon Water
Lit by the my standing lamp, (not the sun).
I've still been having a tough time getting my day started, though, and I'm not sure why. I've just been feeling really burnt out lately. But, hey! Good News! Only 11 more weeks until summer!

Even though most of my friends are pursuing intense internships with big companies, I have decided to take the summer "off" and go home. I will still have a job, just not an intense one that will stress me out. I think I need a break and some familial companionship. This is probably the last time I will ever have an actual summer anyways. Unless I become a teacher, summer vacation will not exist in the working world.

I also want to be well-rested for my internship this upcoming fall semester.  I will be spending this fall in Washington DC taking classes at night while interning at a government organization! It will be an exciting, yet exhausting experience. I know I will need all the energy I can muster.

I can be go-go-go all the time if I want to be, but what is the point of working myself into the ground?
Summer is on its way!

No comments:

Post a Comment